Christian church int’l Ruiru youth and child development Centre was started in 2012 as a church initiative to take care of orphans and venerable children and youth in Ruiru area. It is an initiative that the church fully supports and is ready to fulfill the great commission to the community through the ministry to the poor and venerable children. We have a leadership team which is made up of a Patron, who is the senior pastor, Local church council member, Women fellowship representative, youth fellowship representative, men fellowship representative, children ministry representative and 3 child development workers. The programme has 330 registered children and youth from Ruiru, Wataalam community. They meet every Saturday to learn the 4 different domains including social emotional, cognitive, spiritual and physical areas of child development. The church has also started a survival program me which caters for children who are below 2 years, and their caregivers meet every Wednesday to learn various skills in the church compound.
- Indentify talents and develop them.
2. Identify education needs and intervene.
3. Improve health and hygiene through interventions.
4. Development of both soft and technical skills to the children and youth.
5. Eradicate poverty through household empowerment.
6. Mobilizing community to take part in children development.